The Bomber Blaze

The Bomber Blaze

“Logan” Movie Review

Jennifer Burkott, Staff Writer

One of the mutants in the Marvel X-Men film series, the well-known Wolverine (Hugh Jackman,”X-Men”), also known as Logan, is appearing for the last time in a self titled movie “Logan”. Set in the year 2029, Logan is one of the last mutants left and his enhanced ability to heal himself has started to weaken causing him to start aging. He has been co-caring for Professor X,or Charles (Patrick Stewart, “ Star Trek: The Next Generation”) with fellow mutant Caliban (Stephen Merchant,”The Office”), hiding out near the border in remote Mexico and working as a limo driver while drinking his sorrows away. Out of the blue, Gabriela (Elizabeth Rodriguez,”Orange is the New Black”) contacts Logan to drive her and her daughter, Laura (Dafne Keen,” The Refugees”), into the United States to escape her crazed ex-boyfriend Donald Pierce(Boyd Holbrook, “ Narcos”). Logan accepts the offer despite his suspicions and finds Gabriela dead. Now he must defend Laura unaware that the future of the mutant species is in his hands.

To add to the action, is a dark and intense soundtrack. Most of the inspiration for the songs is from Johnny Cash, especially since the main title is one of his originals “Hurt”. Compared to the”X-Men: Days of Futures Past”, the scenery and cinematography of “Logan” is superior.

Also, the special effects are far more advance due improvements in computer-generated imagery(CGI).

Director, James Mangold’s  choice of cast really made the movie. The chemistry between actors and actress’  worked in favor of this movie.

Out of all the Marvel X-Men movie series, “Logan” tops them all. I really enjoyed the movie concept and storyline. There was never a dull moment throughout the film, and despite his claims,  I hope we will see more of Jackman in this movie series in the near future. On a scale from 1-10 stars, I give “Logan” a solid 9 stars rating because it wasn’t the most perfect movie I’ve ever seen, but it is a great ending to an even better series. I recommend this movie to all action movie lovers.